Welcome to PlanetEdit
Changing the world together—one word at a time
Purposeful language, accuracy, and quality are essential to any publishing effort. Nothing is more distracting to a reader than a typo, poorly constructed sentence, or missing word—elements that can end up sabotaging your professional image.
Hiring an experienced professional copy editor or proofreader
before making your content public
is a sound investment.
As your editorial partner, I, Laurel Vincenty, owner of PlanetEdit, will support you in producing communications that showcase your abilities in the best possible light.
A seasoned copy editor and proofreader, I am grateful for and enjoy opportunities to team up with organizations that seek to make meaningful changes in the world. I have worked with a range of clients, including global NGOs, a leading scientific organization, a nonprofit association of funders, and social work authors.
Let’s partner on projects like these:
- Effective marketing content to build relationships, including brochures, fliers, advertisements
- Compelling and readable magazine and journal articles, and books
- Newsletters to help you stay connected with your readership
- Annual reports, mission statements, and press releases that fully inform your audience
- E-books to promote your organization or business
- Concise, engaging Web content presented with an Internet audience in mind
- Focused and persuasive direct mail or email blasts
- Multimedia materials, such as audio or video scripts that illustrate your works in the world
- Easy-to-understand employee handbooks and company procedural manuals
- And more!
For a FREE ESTIMATE on your editing or proofreading project, contact me:
Laurel has a creative mind and is a highly competent manager of every aspect of working with a document. In a pinch, she has been kind enough to produce layouts for me that are every bit as professional as those created by our graphic design department. When I asked her where she got those additional skills, she replied, "I just figured it out."
That is an attitude you can’t teach!
—Cameron Barry, Writer/Editor, Words Count LLC, Baltimore, MD
Laurel Vincenty has an amazing ability to simplify wording, bring clarity to thoughts, and ensure that the writing is put together in a logical manner. I am extremely thankful to her for her superb work.
—Matthew Will, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, M&E House, Timor-Leste
Laurel Vincenty is a scrupulous, methodical, sharp-eyed copyeditor who can quote chapter and verse from
The Chicago Manual of Style.
—John Lindner, Managing Editor, CRS.org, Catholic Relief Services, Baltimore, MD
Laurel is the best editor I ever used.
—Roberta R. Greene, PhD, ACSW, LCSW, Professor Emeritus of Social Work, University of Texas at Austin